Join us to express your solidarity with political prisoners in Iran, and your condemnation of the criminal Islamic regime for its detention, torture, rape, and execution of political and other prisoners in Iran.
Date: Sunday 21 June 2013
Place: Dupont Circle, Washington DC
Farsi & English: Monir – (703) 928-3397; firstname.lastname@example.org
English only: Maria – (240) 812-9234; email@example.com
The current regime in Iran continues to imprison, torture and execute people in Iran for exercising basic freedoms of thought, speech, and assembly. Humanity cannot stay silent in the face of these brutal violations of our most basic rights, and so we once again join in raising the call for global demonstrations to support political prisoners in Iran.
The demands of the action are as follows:
1. We demand the immediate and unconditional release of all political prisoners and prisoners of conscience in Iran.
2. We demand a halt to all current execution sentences, and a halt to issuing further such sentences by the Islamic judiciary system in Iran.
3. We demand that the Islamic regime of Iran be isolated politically and diplomatically on an international level.
We call honorable people worldwide to join us in raising a global demand for the immediate and unconditional release of political prisoners in Iran!
The event is organized by the Washington DC Coalition for the International Day in Support of Political Prisoners, which includes the following organizations:
– Action for Democracy and Human Rights in the Middle East
– Campaign to Free Political Prisoners in Iran
– Left Socialist Alliance
– Mission Free Iran
– Unity for Democracy and Justice in Iran
See below for pictures of just a few of those being brutally and unjustly detained as political prisoners in Iran:
No comments yet.