Georgian citizens marked the 28 August, 2010 worldwide protest action by 100 CITIES OF THE WORLD AGAINST STONING. This was the fourth protest action organized by Georgian citizens. This time, around 25 people gathered in front of the Embassy of Iran in Tbilisi, holding green posters and demanding to stop torture, persecution, and execution of women, children, homosexuals, and human rights defenders in Iran. In addition, the protesters’ main message was to repeal stoning in Iran and in other countries in the world.
Here are the slogans that participants used at the protest:
1. ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN IS A KILLER REGIME
2. WOMENING IRAN! QUEERING IRAN!
3. IRAN’S REGIME EXECUTES HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDERS
4. STOP EXECUTIONS OF LGBTs IN IRAN!
5. IRAN’S BASIJ MILITIA FOR LGBT RIGHTS!
6. WOMEN TALK BACK!
7. OPEN “QESAFAT” DOORS OF EVIN!
8. STOP KILLING, TORTURING, ABUSING WOMEN!
9. BEWARE! ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN KILLS!
10. BE VANGUARDS OF WOMEN’S LIVES!
11. I AM THE SURVIVOR OF IRI’S REGIME, I DON’T LET YOU CONTINUE TORTURING PEOPLE!
12. AUGUST 28, 100 CITIES OF THE WORLD AGAINST STONING!
13. Pimps’ Regime (رژيم قر مساقي) (in Farsi)
14. Remove the IRI from the Commission of The Status of Women!
15. YOU EXECUTED ME, WHO WILL BE NEXT? YOU!
16. IS THIS WHAT I GET FOR MAKING LOVE?
17. IN SOLIDARITY OF IRANIAN WOMEN
18. MY BODY BELONGS TO ME (in Georgian)
Media coverage of the Tbilisi 100 Cities against Stoning protest on August 28, 2010:
TV channel Rustavi2 (18.16.25 minutes)
TV channel Maestro (from 18.10 minutes)
Georgian news coverage (at the beginning of the clip)